5.10.2012

Friday 05.11.12

Cousin Gretchen (middle) takes on Elements II
Top 10 Reasons I CrossFit:

1) It is FUN! I love rising to the challenge of a WOD and seeing just what my body (or mind) is capable of doing - jumping rope, climbing ropes, flipping tires, rowing, running, and lifting heavy things. It's like recess...for everyone, not just kids.
2) I don't have to think about what my workout is going to be because it's all written right there on the white board.
3) I don't have to work out alone. There are others sharing the pain, the challenge, and the fun together.
4) It's over in less than an hour and no time is wasted. Full. body. WORKOUT.
5) I'm ready for anything. Because CrossFit is built on functional movements (i.e., everyday things like sitting (a.k.a. squatting), pushing, pulling, and picking things up off the ground), I am ready for any challenge - from carrying groceries, to yard work and home renovations, to chasing nieces and nephews, cousins, and all sorts of little tikes, to hikes, urban treks, and trail runs. Nothing is off limits. CrossFit is training for life.
6) It is NEVER boring. No WOD is ever the same. Every day is something different, which means I don't fall into a rut.
7) I'm always learning. Just when I think I know it all, something new comes into view. Whether it's learning how to move more efficiently, more quickly, or with greater range of motion, there is always a new piece of information to incorporate into my routine.
8) COMMUNITY. No matter where I go, if there is a CrossFit gym, I know I will be welcomed with open arms and encouraged to do my best. CrossFitters, in general (and you know what they say about generalizing), are some of the nicest people you will meet (even if they can lift me above their heads).
9) ANYONE can do it. For realsie. Again, because it is functional movement (read: natural movement), workouts can be scaled and modified to any skill level and ability.
10) It's better than any other workout or fitness routine I've ever tried. See all of the reasons above.

Why do you CrossFit?

WOD
Warm Up:
3 Rounds
5 shoulder pass throughs
5 goblet squats
30 sec handstand hold
--
Using the same weight for all lifts (95/65):
Run/Row 400m
50 back squats
30 pullups
50 front squats
30 pullups
50 OHS
30 pullups
50 behind-the-head shoulder-to-overheads
Run/Row 400m

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP