10.31.2013

Friday 11.01.13

Shannon Stout, November Warrior of the Month
***REMINDER***
MONTHLY CROSSFIT FEES DUE TODAY
Drop it in our mailbox out front or bring it with you to class.
We accept cash, check, and credit/debit.


Meet Our November Warrior of the Month
Shannon Stout

What is your favorite exercise?
My most favorite exercise is the clean and jerk. As of late, I have also much enjoyed pushing weight overhead. I also like challenging myself with pullups and doubleunders.

What is your least favorite exercise?
My least favorite is basically anything that challenges my endurance. Longer, light-weight WODs with high reps and/or running are just really terrible for me.

Why did you start CrossFitting?
The biggest reason I started CrossFit is because I found myself at 30 years old feeling worn out and weak. This was something I wasn't used to as I always enjoyed exercise and weights. However, after a bout with cancer and then a pregnancy close behind, I felt like all my energy had been drained from my body. So, 4 months after my second child was born on May 9th, 2012, I hit up WCFM and haven't regretted it once, even when I've had to do 75 burpee toes-to-bar or 30 minutes of the barbell complex. The feeling of strength and vitality is an addiction I don't think I'll ever shake loose. I'm so excited to see what I can achieve with my fitness, and the possibilities seem endless.

What are your goals for the next year?
As for my goals, there are so many! But my short term goal is to continue to do my best at WODs 3 times per week until I'm near delivery or just can't take it anymore. Longer term and post-delivery, I hope to get my deadlift up into the 200-300 lb range and master doubleunders, HSPUs, and pullups of all kinds. I also think it would be cool to get some muscle-ups. The main thing, as always, is just to continue chasing my weaknesses with running and endurance. I also want to compete when I'm ready, maybe fall Festivus 2014.

What advice do you have for CrossFit newbies?
The advice I would give a newcomer to CrossFit is to dig deep and find the real reason why you want to continue a workout program so intense, because that reason will allow you to push yourself beyond what you thought capable. In the first few weeks, the WODs seem impossible, but with patience and perseverance you will get through to the other side and be amazed at how far you've come in a few short months. Embrace the camaraderie and competition, those are the fun parts. I'm usually a nooner and don't get to meet too many of the new peeps, so I hope to sprinkle in a few evening WODs so I can meet you!

WOD
20 min AMRAP
1-2-3-4-5-6...
Push Jerk (135/95)
Weighted step-ups (20")

1 comments:

Unknown October 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM  

How much weight on the step ups?

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP