3.02.2014

Monday 03.03.14

Though she be but little, she is FIERCE!
Meet Our March Warrior of the Month
Lisa Orndorff

Why did you start CrossFit? 
I’ve always enjoyed working out but was needing a new challenge. I had heard about it before but was unsure what it was exactly. I tried out the free week and I remember Sarah asking me if that was all I was going to lift while we were maxing out on a push press. I surprised myself by almost throwing a hundred pounds above my head. I joined it because I realized with CrossFit I was stronger than I thought.

Favorite Exercise? 
Deadlifts, box jumps and plank. Oh whoops! That’s 3!

Least Favorite? 
No least favorite. I love it all. [Editor's note: Girl, you cray cray. I could name a few hated movements!]

Athletic goals in the next year (CrossFit or otherwise)? 
Get a muscle up and a handstand walk. Also perfect my pistols and handstand push ups.

Advice for newbies?
Sometimes it’s what your doing after class not just in class. I stay after as much as I can just to work on a few movements. You're not limited to 1 hour.

Favorite Pandora Station? 
Sum 41

Lastly and most importantly, why do you sweat so much?
Sweat? I glisten :)

WOD
Strength:
5 Rounds
5 deadlift (increase weight each round, last 3 rounds at 75-80% 1 RM)
5 strict pullups
--
50 power snatches (95/65)
50 KB swings (53/35)
EMOTM perform 3 HSPUs

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP