3.31.2014

Tuesday 04.01.14

Dan gets ready to slam 135# at Festivus 2013
MONTHLY CROSSFIT FEES ARE DUE TODAY.
FINAL NOTICE.
--
Our April Newsletter is now available!
--
Meet our April Warrior of the Month!
Dan Forsman

Why did you start CrossFitting?
My first exposure to CrossFit was watching the CrossFit Games on ESPN2. It looked like the ultimate challenge, and everyone was in ridiculous shape. I've been involved in competitive sports my entire life, but after I graduated college, I stopped working out, practicing, and training. I felt super lazy and CrossFit looked like perfect opportunity for me to take my fitness to the next level and get back into the competitive spirit. The hardest part for me was convincing myself to go to the first intro class and I have enjoyed every moment since.

What is your favorite exercise?
My favorite exercise is constantly changing. I love doing WODs or lifts that I haven't done in a long time, then being able to go to my binder and see the improvements I've made. It always amazes me to see how much I have improved in such a short time and to imagine how much better I will be the next time.

What is your least favorite?
My least favorite... I would have to say long distance rows. It's a very monotonous task and my mind has a hard time staying focused.

What are your goals for the next year (in or out of the gym)?
My goals for the next year are:
- row a half marathon (embrace the suck)
- 135 lb snatch
- Solid gains on my squat/deadlift max as well as shoulder-to-overhead max
- Survive the birth of my first kid in the next month :)

What advice do you have for newbies?
My advice for newbies would be to come back after your first class. I remember being incredibly sore after my first workout and could barely walk up and down steps. Everyone feels like that the first time and it does get better. Second, sign up with a friend. It's good to have the peer pressure of a friend to keep you motivated, as well as someone you can bitch and moan to about how sore you are the day after a tough WOD. Lastly, I would say its important to set goals; get a pull up without bands, get a muscle up, finish in the top half of the CrossFit Open, etc. Keep working on improving, and remember everyone's goals are different. Make sure your goals are YOUR goals and not someone else's.

What is your favorite Pandora station?
My favorite Pandora station depends on the day. I've requested everything from Back Street Boys to 2 Chainz, techno to hard rock. I just like the noise. Once I start working out, I really don't hear the music.

WOD
5 Rounds
5 bench press
--
20 min AMRAP 
10 Hip bridges (225/155)
10 wall facing squats

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP