9.01.2014

Tuesday 09.02.14

September's WOM, Jordan
Monthly CrossFit fees were due YESTERDAY.
--
Meet our September Warrior of the Month!
Jordan Raidl

Why did you start CrossFit? 
I started doing CrossFit a little over a year ago when I moved to Muscatine because I wanted to change my super unhealthy lifestyle that I was living in Texas. My Dad had gone to WCFM and raved about how great it was for your body. I was nervous so we made a deal; if I went to CrossFit 3 times a week for 90 days, or 4 times a week for 60 days, he would pay for the tattoo I wanted. I ended up loving the results and people more than I expected, and here I am a year and some months later!

Favorite WOD/exercise? 
I would have to say clean and jerks or snatches are my favorite at the moment.

Least Favorite? 
Burpees and running for sure!

Describe your athletic background. 
I was super athletic all throughout grade school -- soccer, softball, field hockey, and indoor field hockey. I started having problems with my knees in middle school which led to six knee surgeries and took me out completely. When I started CrossFit in 2013 it was the first exercise of any sort that I had done since 2008. What a way to jump back into fitness!

What are your CrossFit or other athletic goals within the next year? 
I would love to better my endurance; running, rowing and burpees. I am also determined to get a freaking muscle up!!!! I am so close every time I just cannot get my left arm all the way over!

Do you have any advice for newbies?
Although the WODs seem intimidating when your watching others pick up super heavy weights at a rapid fire pace, stick with it! Nobody started out strong and fast, but with patience and persistence comes the fluidity of movements and before you know it you are picking up the same weights as other people and much faster than the first time you tried something before. Also I know it is hard to believe, but nobody is judging you for not being the strongest or fastest. Give it your all, that is all anybody hopes to see. The suck is worth it for sure! I drank the Kool-Aid along the way, and at some unknown point in time I started really liking it!

WOD
1 RM thruster from ground
--
21-15-9
Run 400 m or row 500 m to start each round
Thruster (115/75)
Dips
*1 ring muscle up = 5 dips

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP