6.04.2015

Friday 06.05.15


Meet June's Warrior of the Month
Brandon Garrett
 


1. Why did you start CrossFit?

I have been training in Tae Kwon Do for about 20 years and have also been a runner for many years. I needed to switch up my workout and hopefully gain some strength to enhance my other activities, so after doing some research I decided to give CrossFit a try and I am happy I did.

2. Favorite exercise? 
There are so many to choose from but if I have to pick one, I guess I would go with box jumps. Whether I am doing them for height or they are just worked into the WOD, they always a great way to get the heart-rate up and work on leg strength and agility.

3. Least favorite?
My Least favorite exercise is hand-stand push ups, but only because I am not where I would like to be with them and just means I need to work on them more.

4. How has CrossFit impacted your martial arts training? 
 CrossFit has been an excellent supplement to my Tae Kwon Do training. I have seen an increase in my stamina and striking power since starting CrossFit.

5. Advice for newbies? 
STICK WITH IT! You are going to be tired and sore for a good long while, but after a while you start shooting past your last PRs and you will forget about how sore and tired you were.

WOD
7 Round 
2 front squat (increase weight each round)
--
"Annie Up"
7 thrusters to start each round (95/65)
50-40-30-20-10
Doubleunders
Situps

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP