9.30.2013

Tuesday 10.01.13

REMINDER
Monthly Fees Are Due TODAY.

Blurry, but true representation of our WOM - Josh Eiben
Meet October's Warrior of the Month!
Josh Eiben

Why did you start CrossFit?
I had always wanted to get back into shape but knew I was not the Globo Gym kind of guy. When my friend Frank started something called CrossFit I was pretty curious. After seeing the results he had in 6 months I was pretty jealous. Then for Christmas Frank gave me one of the best presents I have gotten to date, a one month membership to Warrior Crossfit Muscatine. After the first two weeks of not being able to get off the toilet and questioning what I got my self into, the soreness lessened and I never looked back.

What is your favorite exercise?
For my favorite exercise it would have to be cleans, as I feel I have a pair of fast elbows, and anything that's lightweight cardio related.

Least favorite?
As for least favorite that would definitely be the snatch. But I have to chase my weakness so I welcome it.

Do you have any particular goals in the next 6 months (either in or out of the gym)?
As for goals, the ring muscle up is one, getting my PR's up, and mastering that damn snatch.

Describe your previous athletic/fitness experience.
In High School I wrestled and played Football and was in good shape, but after high school I led a much less active life.

What advice do you have for CrossFit newbies?
As for advice to new-comers it would have to be stick through the first weeks of "oh my god I can't walk down these steps" because it will get better. If you put in the effort and learn to sit in the suck you will see amazing results.

WOD
Strength:
8 Rounds
3 Front Squat  (increase load each round)
10 step ups
instep stretch
--
15 Rounds
40 seconds of power cleans (135/95)
20 seconds of plank hold

1 comments:

Anonymous September 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM  

Congratulations, Josh! You definitely deserve it! Blessings, Padre

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP