11.04.2013

Tuesday 11.05.13

 John, Thruster King

SUNDAY
11/10
Wildcat 50K and 50 miler

Guest post from Coach Jacob...
I'm still drinking the CrossFit Kool-Aid. Sit back into that rocking chair and let me tell you why...

A few times a year, my fitness needs to be tested to prove to myself that I'm not just working out because I'm addicted to it and don't know what else to do with my life. Last year I climbed an Arizona mountain without getting too lost, registered and competed in my first CrossFit Games Open, and put my lung capacity to the test at a Military Athlete certification in Colorado Springs. This year I rejoined the Air Force in a Reservist role, and we recently took our annual fitness (PT) test. The test consisted of a waist measurement, one minute of push-ups, one minute of sit-ups, and a 1.5 mile run. I've always been good at the test as a natural runner, but I THOUGHT that was because I was running 25 miles/week and loading up on push-ups and sit-ups, trying to simulate the test. Basically 80% of my workouts revolved around the PT test, with a sprinkle of CrossFit mixed in.

Flash forward to now. I had 15 minutes notice before my test this month. I PR'd every category, including 3 inches off my waist measurement, despite frigid running conditions on a small track. While the PT test used to destroy me for a day or two, I felt unscathed and ended up doing a heavy squat clean WOD later in the day. I'm not saying this to beat my own clean shaven chest (not really). I am telling you there is magic in this general physical preparedness program called CrossFit! The base level of fitness it supplies in uber efficient time serves as a foundation of performance and confidence second to none, except for maybe this.*

I'm still drinking what Mr. Glassman and Co are selling.
----
*You will NOT regret clicking on this link. Go now.

WOD
CrossFit Games WOD 13.1
Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 17 minutes of:
40 Burpees
75/45 pound Snatch, 30 reps
30 Burpees
135/75 pound Snatch, 30 reps
20 Burpees
165/100 pound Snatch, 30 reps
10 burpees
210/120 pound Snatch, as many reps as possible

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP