7.01.2014

Wednesday 07.02.14

Our July WOM: Sara Sulzberger
Reminder:
Monthly CrossFit fee were due YESTERDAY
--
FRIDAY, JULY 4th
2 WOD times ONLY
11 AM and 12 PM
--
Meet July's Warrior of the Month!
Sara Sulzberger

Why did you start CrossFitting?
About a year ago my sexy hubby started CrossFit and I figured I needed to keep up! I had an almost one-year-old daughter and, having never been super comfortable in my own skin, I knew I needed to make a change in my lifestyle if I ever wanted to feel confident. With Tyler making the commitment, CrossFit slowly yet surely creeped its way into my daily life and I figured I could do one of two things -- become increasingly annoyed by it or join the fun myself. A few months later, I of course, chose the latter and am now doing my own fair share of irritating others with my new found passion!

Favorite exercise?
I love Olympic Weightlifting (which still feels weird to say). Some lifts I like more than others, but the instant gratification of setting a new PR is like none other. I also enjoy anything involving a sandbag.

Least favorite exercise?
My least favorite exercises are pull ups and push ups. It puts me in a bad mood just thinking about them.

Athletic goals for the next year (in or out of the box)?
Multiple consecutive pull ups without bands! (A couple weeks ago I would have said a strict pull up, but I done did that. Boom.)

Advice for newbies?
More than anything else when sharing my CrossFit experience with others (even other CrossFitters), I hear "I can't do that" or "I'm not athletic enough for that." Well, I am seriously about the most UNcoordinated person within a five mile radius of wherever I happen to be; I have never played a high school sport; I am scared to death of anything that could cause potential injury; and I LOVE it. People truly aren't judging your workout or wardrobe or how much you sweat or how red your face gets (thank God). I know it sounds cheesy, but you will amaze yourself with what you can do! So Stinkin' Cool.

And you didn't ask but you know I read the blog, which means I know about the music preference question...which you also know is 90s Althernative/Grunge.  Oh, Best Part? The people you meet and the friends you make. Where else are your biggest competition also your biggest fans?

WOD
1 RM OHS 
--
21-15-9 
Hang power clean (95/65)
Hang power snatch (95/65)
OHS (95/65)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP