11.02.2014

Monday 11.03.14

Emoji is November's WOM
MONTHLY CROSSFIT FEES DUE TODAY
--
Warrior of the Month
Katie "Emoji" Scaapveld

1. Have you thought about a professional pinup career?
After the pin up shoot it crossed my mind from time to time to further pursue a pin up career.

2. Do you think you'll ever take one of your horses into CrossFit with you?
I have one horse in particular that thinks he's a CrossFitter already. I try to incorporate cardio with mobility in our rides. One of these days I will have to bring him in. He makes for an entertaining running partner for anyone seeking a challenge. I'm sure he can show us how to do sled pulls with greater ease.

3. If someone robbed your house, what CrossFit move would you employ to stop them?
Oh, I would for sure go SBGU then bust out some Hulk-like moves. Not that I have thought about it...wait, yes I have.

4. Any advice for newbies? 
 My advice for newbies -- stick with it. The first month or two will suck. But, once your body gets accustomed to the workouts, it will get easier to motivate yourself to go to the box. I came into CrossFit dreading pull-ups and somewhere along the line I got rid of the pull-up bands. Now I kinda like them. And always keep in mind that everyone in the box was a beginner at one time. Oh, and it's ok to mess up, wipe out, or fall. Laugh it off and get back on the bar! Keep chipping away at your weaknesses and they will become your strengths.

WOD
Super Deadlift 
1 deadlift every 10 seconds for 20 reps @ 315/225 
--
"Dianabeth" 
21-15-9 
power clean (115/85)
chest to bar  
Each round separated by a 10m handstand walk

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP