9.02.2015

Thursday 09.03.15

Xena (a.k.a., Sheena) our WOM for September
Let's meet our Warrior of the Month 
Sheena "Warrior Princess" Vieira

1. Why did you start CrossFit?
I first heard about CrossFit from a friend. I was intrigued, but hesitant at the same time to join. Like everyone else, I have some insecurities, and it got to the point one day where I said I either do something about it or stop complaining. So, after convincing my fiance, we both joined. I haven't looked back since. It has been the best thing I have ever done for my body and my self-confidence.

2. What is your favorite exercise?
Anything that involves a box jump is my favorite exercise, the way I see it is, you can't really screw up a box jump. :)

3. Least favorite?
My least favorite is the snatch, no matter how many times I do it, I just for some reason cannot get the form down!! (Also, don't try anything new that Jake tricks you into doing, you will end up with ball burn on your face.)

4. What are your goals, in or out of the box?
As for goals,I would like to be able to get as many pullups in a row as possible and handstand pushups without using pads. I am also excited to be competing in the upcoming competition November 7th. It makes me want to work harder and see how far I can push myself. I will try my hardest to not embarrass anyone, but I can't make any promises (sorry Holly, John, and Justin)

5. What is your advice for newbies?
My advice for newbies is to stick with it. When I first started I couldn't even lift a 35 pound bar and the first week was rough because I couldn't walk, something as simple as sitting on a toilet became a chore lol. Just continue to work your hardest and I can assure you, you will see results!! No one said it would be easy, but it is definitely rewarding.

WOD
8 Rounds
3 back squat (increase weight each round)
1 muscle up or MU progression between sets
--
18 min EMOM
50 DUs
5 deficit HSPUs

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP