2.02.2016

WOM Wednesday 02.03.16

WOM Dustin Plemmons
Meet our February Warrior of the Month
Dustin Plemmons 

1. Describe your athletic background.
I played a lot of sports when I was younger, mostly soccer and basketball through middle school.  I also played football in middle school and high school, and a lot of pick-up basketball games at the Y.  In college: 12 oz curls.

2. Can you discuss the balance between juggling your kids' schedule and still finding the time to consistently train?
It can be difficult at times but for me it has worked to schedule workout times at the same time every week when they fit in my schedule.  Then I know what day and time and can make sure I get to the box with regularity.  I also find time on my lunch break to make it to the gym to lift and/or run.

3. Favorite exercise?
Squat clean, power clean, and deadlift. Anything with the barbell.

4. Least favorite?
Handstand push ups and wall walks

5. Goals within the next year?

Continue progressing and overcome some of my weaknesses such as handstand push ups and pistols.  Continuing adding weight and getting stronger.   I also plan on getting my first muscle up and running the Bix 7 for the first time this year.

6. You're a big Hawkeye fan. Is that where you went to school and do you think they have a shot at a basketball national title this year?
Yes. I graduated from the University of Iowa College of Business in 2001 with a BA in Marketing.  I would love to see the Hawkeyes win a national title this year.  I definitely think they have a shot.  If they can tie up a few loose ends and keep up the hot shooting and great defense, I think they will go a long way.

7. Favorite Pandora station?
Ultimate Heavy Metal

8. Do you have any advice for newbies?
I would say to just keep coming back and don't feel intimidated by what you don't know or can't do.  While everyone is very welcoming and the coaches very helpful, it can be a little overwhelming at first.  Just keep showing up, having fun, and putting in the work and it will come!

WOD
Odd couple row 5 each
--
Untimed:  
40 Rounds 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Crossfit Store
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide Widget
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource
103 Ford Ave., Suite 1 | Muscatine, IA | 52761
Warrior CrossFit Muscatine is a Garberling LLC enterprise.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP